Tuesday, April 12, 2011

You are crying because....

This quote has been going through my head since I read it a few days ago

"If satan can use our everyday experiences, both big and small to cripple our true identity then he renders God's people totally ineffective for the kingdom of Christ"

Its so true, I have been super overwhelmed this past week or two and it effects every aspect of my life from roomate relationships to family relationships to general interactions with strangers! I get so caught up on worldly stressors and lose focus of the fact that I am on earth solely to proclaim the good news that Jesus died for the sins of the world!

So how do I stop letting small worries take over my entire life and cause me to react to life rather than proactively live life! Well in my bible study Lysa talked about taking lies you believe and replacing them with Biblical truth! That totally makes sense! I can either choose to wallow in self pitty and stress or I can ask God to show me the truth in a situation.

Matthew 6:25 Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?

Psalm 119:37 Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word.
That is all, next time I cry over something stupid, or worry about something other than someones salvation feel free to quote scripture until I stop being stubborn and give up worrying!

No comments:

Post a Comment