Thursday, April 14, 2011

Real life!

Is this real life? quoted from the ever popular "david after the dentist" on you tube...

Anyways, today was a major reality check for me and many of my nursing friends. UMC, the largest, local hospital finally posted new grad positions. We didnt expect them to be posted until the very end of April, so this was very surprising. Thankfully I had my resume and cover letter ready...I applied to many of the jobs and now I just have to wait until May to see if I get interviews and hopefully a job offer!

I have applied to new grad programs in Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Florida, all back up plans...but I havent heard back from any of them. I applied to the VA hospital, TMC, and Banner in Phoenix, so now I just wait and leave the results up to God. Its hard to accept this but I have done all I can do for now and HAVE to wait.

In funner (yes funner is a word in my world) news! I am going to cali this weekend for a CRU retreat! I am going to be interning with Campus Crusade for Christ at UofA next year and couldnt be more excited!! I am going to be doing more of the operations type work yeaya! I felt like God really put it on my heart this last December to use my free time to intern with CRU, I want to do missions full time in the future, hopefully overseas, using my medical skills to help those in need,  and I think God wants me to start now, even if its just a little part of my time.

Ps. Jimmy and Dad my loyal readers haha Thanks for being so encouraging! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment