Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sustained and Established by God

I found this quote by George Muller very eye opening "The beginning of anxiety is the end of faith, the beginning of true faith is the end of anxiety." When I am worried, or stressed I am trying to control my life and I am not trusting that God is powerful enough or faithful enough to have control of my life.

Some verses from my Bible study homework that I found encouraging and...

2 Cor. 3:5 Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God.

1 Cor 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me

Eph. 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

John 15:16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment