Monday, October 4, 2010

Who am I?

Today in our SNUA meeting we listened to an excellent presentation about how to prepare for interviews. "Tell me about yourself?" was the question that kept coming up. You have to be able to describe yourself and make YOU sound good.

But who am I? Am I the wangster my roomates know me as. the one who knows every word to every pop song in the last 3 years? 
Am I the jock I try so hard to be? The one who takes on any physical challenge? 

Am I the girl who studies for 30hrs for a test...
 Or am I that person who strives to be the "funny" one...

I am all of these and none of these...I have seen myself change so much in one year, more than I have changed in a very long time. I am definitely working on being content with who I am in Jesus. I am realizing that it doesnt really matter how I show myself to the world, as long as I am living whole heartedly for Jesus Christ, willing to go and do what he calls me to do.
 I still struggle with wanting to be the 4.0 student, the jock, the funny girl, the loving daughter, the caring sister, the encouraging girlfriend, the friend whos always available...the sad part is I fail at all of these on many occasions. I put my worth in making myself into who I want to be. When I am focused on being who I WANT to be I lose sight of who I am MEANT to be.

Colossians 2:7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.
Colossians 2:10 and God has made you complete in Christ. Christ is in charge of every ruler and authority.
2 Corinthians 5:20 We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God.

1 comment:

  1. Brittany, I just found your blog and I'm so blessed to lurk what Christ is up to in your life :) I love this post. Such a necessary reminder and so well-written. Also, I forgive you for hating writing, but that's silly because you express yourself so well through it haha!

    <3 Paige

    ReplyDelete