Sunday, October 24, 2010

Whaaaa

This picture doesnt really have anything to do with anything....I just think its funny :)

I am listening to a book on tape while I run called Escape, about a woman who escapes from the fundamentalist Mormon community. I can barely listen at some points when she explains the abuse she has lived through and seen other people live through. It’s so heart breaking that anyone would have to live with that abuse, believing their salvation depends on their obedience...ah so sad!
Also I have been watching the show sister wives, about the fundamentalist Mormon community and it’s so frustrating to me how happy they make it seem. Sure I believe some of them have happy, non abuse suffering lives, but many of them do not live this way.  I have read to many books about the torture these women go through and this show makes me so upset. They are trying to sway our view of not only polygamy but the FLDS church. Rant over, but I can’t stop thinking about these women and how hard it is for them to escape their and leave the religion even if they want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment